Foundations 3 – Who is Jesus 1 Student notes
Who are we in relation to God?….or…. Who is Jesus?
|“But what about you?” He asked, “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”
Its really important that we know who Jesus really is….Matt 2:23-25….2Cor 11:4,13-15….Galatians 1:8,9
Some popular ideas of who Jesus is:
- He is a god but not God Almighty (______ & _____________)
- He is an angel (some New Age beliefs)
- He is a good, moral teacher, usually one of many (some New Age beliefs)
- He is a great prophet (____________)
- He is an ascended master (__________ or ____________)
Very early in the Bible, God promises to send us a “_____________” who will reverse the effects of “the Fall”:
Deut 18:18,19….John 5:45-47
Micah 5:2,4,5….Matt 2:4-6
Isaiah 35:4-6….Matt 11:2-6
Some interesting claims the Bible makes about Jesus….
- He is the ________ way back to God….John 14:6
- His name is the __________ name that we need to be concerned about….Acts 4:12
- Everyone in existence will eventually _______ to Him….Philippians 2:9-11
- If you have Jesus in your heart, you have eternal life….1John 5:11-5.
- He is our ________ redeemer/savior, He is not just a prophet, an ascended master or a god…John 3:16-18
- Only God can forgive sins, yet Jesus forgives sins….Mark 2:5-7
- The apostle, Thomas, calls Jesus __________….John 20:28
- Jewish leaders realized Jesus called Himself ________ & Jesus didn’t correct them…John 10:33
- The Word is God & the Word is Jesus….John 1:1,14
- Jesus isn’t an __________….Hebrews 1:4,5,6,13
What kind of a ‘good teacher’ would say things like….
- Anyone who eats my flesh will live _____________….John 6:51
- I can give life to people after they _________….John 11:25,26
- I am _________….John 10:30
- I will raise myself from the __________….John 2:19-21
Jesus didn’t leave the “good teacher” option open to us….He didn’t mean to. We have only 3 options….He is either the Lord, a liar or a lunatic.